February 18, 2010

On the Wings of Love

I couldn't let this season of The Bachelor end without saying something publicly about it. Jimmy and I watch faithfully each week and laugh our heads off. I love Monday nights.

This week Jake took the three final ladies to the island of St. Lucia. If you are not a fan of the Bachelor you can get caught up with full episodes online and I promise you won't be disappointed. On Jake's date this week with Gia, they walked through a market and stopped to dance to some awesome reggae drums.

It might shock you, but watch Jake dance. Jimmy and I cried with laughter for over 5 minutes. Watch from 2:10-2:30 for the dancing, or the whole video to catch moments like when Jake clips his sunglasses on the back of his shirt.

There is a girl who writes weekly recaps of the Bachelor episodes on her blog here that are right on the money.

7 comments:

anna said...

Ohhhhkay, alright. 2:20 blows my mind and makes me a lil sick. I love how he is sporting a necklace in one of those shots. I think you have to be a tool to be on the bachelor.

Thank you for this.

Amy said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Man Necklace
Gross Dancing
Sunglasses
Bottom half of shorts wet
Blue shirt
Bad Grammar
Awkward

lalalalala
The Bachelor

It would be my dream to watch this with you and Jimmy and see you two react...what a treat.

Jennett said...

oh. my. gosh. oh. my. gosh. mallory, you had me at your blog title. every week me and bennett begin our 2 hour bachelor-fest with singing "on the wings of love" to eachother, trying to be as serious as possible. mal, i have a task for you. go to youtube, and find on the wings of love sung by clay aiken. YOU. WILL. DIE. it defines the entire ambience of the season. ahhhh reality television. gets me every time. can't wait to discuss the happenings on the bachelor "tell all" next week. it's gonna be like one big slumber party gossip-fest.

Evans Family of Three said...

oh my goodness!! hahahaha i haven't been able to watch too many full episodes of the bachelor this season because 24 is on at the same time and Cory prefers to watch that. i don't know why? hehe but this clip just made my day! :) i loved the dancing part the best!

Molly said...

Ok, Anna totally took my word of the day. Tool. That pretty much sums it up when you're referring to Jake. This show is so ridiculous, but I watch it faithfully every week.

P.S. I can't wait til the next episode when we get to hear from that crazy girl Michelle ("I REALLY want a husband") and that skank Rozlyn.

Angie said...

Hahahahahahaha!! I love the Bachelor! I watch it every week. Unfortunately I missed Jake dancing this week because I had it on while I was cooking dinner and wasn't watching closely the whole time. I am so glad you brought this to my attention. I am laughing so hard!! The show really is ridiculous and so incredibly staged, but I just love it. Jake is super awkward, I about die at least fourteen times in every episode because I can't believe how awkward he is. And the girls say the stupidest things. It kills me.

I heard he chooses Vienna in the end. He is retarded!!

Angie said...

And I have to say that being from New York, Gia has watched countless black men just like that perform music just like that in the subway. Jake shouldn't be that impressed by her "tolerance of different cultures." Also, I think she is lying when she says she'll "NEVER EVER take off" the necklace he gave her. Hmmm.... what about in two days when he dumps you? Will you take it off then....?

Okay I am really done now.