November 6, 2008

Testing Center

I walk into the Testing Center and any previous knowledge I had attempted to store in my genius decides to take a huge vacation. My test becomes the biggest joke. I'm lucky if I somehow manage to ask for the correct test, frantically scribble "Macaulay Culkin" where it asks for my name, write "I Eat Fire" over the scantron bubbles, stand on my chair and make my bum say, "I hope I did OK!" and run for the Exit. I hand that test over proudly like I should win a prize for finishing 100 questions in 15 minutes and then go stand in front of that screen to read my score.

I read it, walk out the door, and reality hits.

Holy crap I got a D.

I realize today what a huge blessing it has been that the majority of my education has been in-class essay exams, which I RULE at. I was so mad walking out of the testing center today I could've shot Winnie the Pooh at point blank.

10 comments:

JenW said...

seriously, it's like walking through those doors and waiting in the, somethimes, enormous line makes all the knowledge dribble out of your head and land in a sad puddle all over your shoes. i'm sorry.

Jason said...

Oh Mallory, you crack me up! I hope your next scantron goes better, ha ha... I hate them too! Anyways, just wanted to say hi and that i love your blog... I hope tomorrow goes better! Love, Lizzy
PS- I totally read your post about the smoking Asian men, and I want to let you know I saw them too! And wondered many times who they were...?

faith said...

yes, i hated the testing center too... until i found the music room. have you ever been there? much better. i love when they would play something from anne of green gables or the man from swnowy river. you almost feel like you're at home. :)

anna said...

hahahahahaha. I remember my days at the testing center. The worst was standing under the score board waiting for my low percentage to make its appearance while the idiot next to me pumps his fists and yells "yes, I got an A!"

Lisa said...

Oh my heck you are too hilarious. I laughed out loud (several times) at the 3 steps to your test :)

I do not miss the testing center.

Courtnie said...

Oh Mal! I hated that place. The worst part is turning it in, knowing the worker can tell whether you did a good or bad job based on your face, then down the stairs to stare at that dumb screen. I am like you though, loved the in class tests, that's all I pretty much had. They rock!

Anonymous said...

Its like every math test i take where I think ' oh man i know this crap. i'm gonna get a billion percent! then i get like a 59 or something.

Emily said...

I remember my first test there freshman year, and I couldn't believe they were serious about the place. A big staircase, the windows are all high up like you can't escape, and just rows and rows of desks? Then I heard people had church there too . . .yikes. I was also very thankful most of my tests were in-class essays or movement tests.

Adrienne said...

Wish you would've. Wish you would've.

Jana Porter said...

i personally rejoice when i get a D and you should too. the testing center is evil and has some evil force that sucks your soul away. though i never study enough to deserve better than a c i stand by my position.